In such a big tourist resort as the Riviera Maya it is not easy to experience the genuine contemporary Mayan culture. Where there are money and tourism involved many things get spoiled, and many things are fake. We decided to make a unique program, in which our guests can see how the current Maya people live. There are sad aspects of this and it is not always a pleasant sight, but it is something everyone who cares about our environment and what we are doing to the planet should experience at least once. The ancient Maya were amazing in their architecture, knowledge and culture. Their current descendants are no less amazing in their resilience, fortitude and gentle wisdom. Facets of the ancient knowledge are still alive. These people do not share them easily with the “white man”, and the Mayan communities of Quintana Roo and Yucatan are traditionally closed to outsiders. Despite that, we have managed to secure access to some places where you can see the real current Maya life. There are some elders who would talk to us. It is a unique and very special experience, which has nothing to do with the tourist industry. If you want to have an eye opening experience on a lot of levels, this program might be for you.
This program may require long rides of up to two hours one-way, especially when we visit remote villages well into the interior of the peninsula. Be prepared for a long day.
Duration: appx 9 hrs
- Transportation from a pick-up point
- Private multilingual guide
- Traditional Mayan Lunch
- Complimentary drinks and snacks all through the day
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothes and closed waterproof footwear
- Sunglasses and a hat
- Bathing suit and a towel
- Extra T-shirt
- BIODEGRADABLE sunscreen and mosquito repellent
- Extra cash – our prices are all inclusive and there are no hidden charges, but you may feel the wish to buy things from the local people, as some of them produce exquisite traditional artwork and items.
Please write us for details – we will be happy to make a quote, and a custom program just for you!
Can not find Form in database